The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Accreditation and rankings
All of our engineering degree programmes are accredited by our professional body, the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
The Times Good University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Complete University Guide and the National Student Survey (NSS) continually rank us among the top schools in the UK for our degree programmes, standard and quality of teaching, as well as our commitment to enhancing our students’ employability.
Our Engineering degrees have been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) under licence from the UK regulator, the Engineering Council. Our accreditation is a mark of assurance that the degree meets the standards set by the Engineering Council in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC). An accredited degree will provide you with some or all of the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for eventual registration as an Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng). Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by other countries that are signatories to international accords.
Our programmes in Computer Systems Engineering and Electronic and Communications Engineering provide you with a broad grounding in these vital fields.
Engineering Programmes at Kent have been continuously accredited by the IET for 30 years. The School of Engineering and Digital Arts is an IET Academic Partner.
EDA is proud to be a member of the Engineering Professors' Council – Promoting Excellence in Engineering in Higher Education.
- 100% student satisfaction with course and 7th place overall in Guardian League Table 2014
- 4th for Electronic Engineering for Teaching Excellence – 2013 Sunday Times University Guide
- 1st for Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student Satisfaction – 2012 Times Good University Guide
- 1st for Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student Satisfaction – 2012 Complete University Guide
- 3rd place for student satisfaction across the sector in Complete University Guide 2014
National Student Survey (NSS)
- 1st (for the fourth time) for student satisfaction, 2012
- 3rd in the UK, in subject, for teaching, 2012
- 3rd in the UK, in subject, for assessment and feedback, 2012
- 7th place across the sector in Complete University Guide 2014 for employability – 90% take up of work or further study six months after graduation
- 14th in the UK for Electrical & Electronic Engineering graduating students' employment prospects, in Times Good University Guide 2012
- 90% of Kent Electronic Engineering students found employment or went onto further study within 6 months of graduating in 2010
- 95% of Kent Design studies students found employment or went onto further study within 6 months of graduating in 2010