The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Kent shortlisted for University of The Year
The annual Times Higher Education (THE) Awards have also shortlisted the University for Outstanding Support for Students.
Rankings and accreditation
Our engineering degree programmes are accredited by our professional body, the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
The Times Good University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Complete University Guide and the National Student Survey (NSS) continually rank us among the top schools in the UK for our degree programmes, standard and quality of teaching, as well as our commitment to enhancing our students’ employability.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kent was ranked 1st for course satisfaction in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kent was ranked 2nd for student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide 2017
- 13th out of 63 HE institutions for Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- 12th out of 73 institutions for Digital Media in The Guardian University Guide 2017
National Student Survey (NSS)
- 90% of students in Electronic and Electrical Engineering were satisfied with the overall quality of their course in NSS 2016
- Design Studies at Kent were ranked 11th for overall satisfaction in NSS 2016
- 1st out of 65 HEIs within Electronic and Electrical Engineering for Overall Satisfaction in NSS 2015
- 1st out of 65 HEIs within Electronic and Electrical Engineering for the Learning Resources theme in NSS 2015
- 1st out of 65 HEIs within Electronic and Electrical Engineering for the Academic Support theme in NSS 2015
- 3rd out of 65 HEIs within Electronic and Electrical Engineering for the Personal Development theme in NSS 2015
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
- 100% for overall satisfaction, in the subject area of Electronic and Electrical Engineering in PTES 2015
- 90% satisfaction for Teaching in PTES 2015
- 96% satisfaction for Resources & Services in PTES 2015
- 94% satisfaction for Skills Development in PTES 2015
- Electronic Engineering was ranked 6th for graduate prospects in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Digital Media was ranked 21st for graduate prospects in The Guardian University Guide 2017
Our Engineering degrees have been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) under licence from the UK regulator, the Engineering Council. Our accreditation is a mark of assurance that the degree meets the standards set by the Engineering Council in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC). An accredited degree will provide you with some or all of the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for eventual registration as an Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng). Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by other countries that are signatories to international accords.
Our programmes in Computer Systems Engineering and Electronic and Communications Engineering provide you with a broad grounding in these vital fields.
EDA is proud to be a member of the Engineering Professors' Council – Promoting Excellence in Engineering in Higher Education.