Working with industry
By teaming up with Kent, your business can gain access to all the resources and expertise that a top 20 university has to offer.
In the School of Engineering and Digital Arts we successfully combine modern engineering and technology with the exciting field of digital media – a blend of expertise that is particularly well suited to the needs of 21st century business.
For many years our interactions with industry have played a central role in guiding what we do at Kent. Our courses reflect the feedback we gain from our business networks; our research expertise is influenced by the needs of industry, and we have superb technical facilities to put to use within our collaborative projects. This has led to a long history of successful partnerships with business and industry in the UK and around the world.
Here are some of the services we can provide:
- research to help you develop products or services
- guidance on research funding opportunities
- general consultancy
- extensive technical facilities
- the chance to recruit talented students and graduates
- training and development courses to develop new skills within your workforce
- access to an extensive industry network
- the chance to raise your company’s profile – locally, nationally and internationally.
Digital Media Hub
Our Digital Media Hub is your pathway to accessing advanced digital technology, creative and technical expertise. Our talented undergraduate digital media students and highly competent postgraduate computer animation/digital visual effects/mobile application development students are able to provide a wide range of services. Areas of expertise include:
- 3D modelling and 3D animation
- User experience design and research
- Digital still and video photography
- Moving image
- Digital visual effects and compositing
- Motion graphics
- Graphic design and illustration
- Promotional and e-learning applications
- Web/mobile applications design and development