Kent shortlisted for University of The Year
The annual Times Higher Education (THE) Awards have also shortlisted the University for Outstanding Support for Students.
Rankings and accreditation
Our engineering degree programmes are accredited by our professional body, the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
The Times Good University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Complete University Guide and the National Student Survey (NSS) continually rank us among the top schools in the UK for our degree programmes, standard and quality of teaching, as well as our commitment to enhancing our students’ employability.
- In the most recent research rankings, engineering at Kent was 21st in the UK for research intensity; 98% of the research submitted was judged to be of international quality (REF 2014)
- Design Studies at Kent was ranked 4th for research quality in The Complete University Guide 2018
- 17th out of 61 HE institutions for Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- 3rd out of 74 institutions for Digital Media in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kent was ranked 11th for course satisfaction in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kent was ranked 1st for course satisfaction in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kent was ranked 2nd for student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide 2017
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES)
- 100% for overall satisfaction, in the subject area of Electronic and Electrical Engineering in PTES 2015
- 100% for overall satisfaction, in the subject area of Electronic and Electrical Engineering in PTES 2016
- For graduate prospects, Design Studies at Kent was ranked 2nd in The Guardian University Guide 2018 and 5th in The Complete University Guide 2018
- Electronic Engineering was ranked 6th for graduate prospects in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Digital Media was ranked 21st for graduate prospects in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Of Electronic and Electrical Engineering students who graduated from Kent in 2016, over 95% were in work or further study within six months (DLHE)
- Design Studies at Kent was ranked 2nd in the UK for the percentage of students who found professional jobs or further study within six months of graduation in 2016 (DLHE)
Our Engineering degrees have been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) under licence from the UK regulator, the Engineering Council. Our accreditation is a mark of assurance that the degree meets the standards set by the Engineering Council in the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC). An accredited degree will provide you with some or all of the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for eventual registration as an Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng). Some employers recruit preferentially from accredited degrees, and an accredited degree is likely to be recognised by other countries that are signatories to international accords.
Our programmes in Computer Systems Engineering and Electronic and Communications Engineering provide you with a broad grounding in these vital fields.
EDA is proud to be a member of the Engineering Professors' Council – Promoting Excellence in Engineering in Higher Education.