In the School of Engineering and Digital Arts, internationalisation is not just about travelling, it’s a way of thinking!
As a student in EDA, all the doors around the world are open to you, through a variety of means:
- international collaboration in teaching and research
- international visiting academics enabling cross-cultural exchange
- international study schemes and student mobility schemes
- international work placements and employability opportunities
- international industrial and commercial partners
- international funding and scholarship schemes
- international conferences and events
- international network of alumni
- international knowledge and experience of other cultures
- international student societies
As a relatively small School, we pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming atmosphere within the beautiful and historic city of Canterbury. We have a diverse student body and a distinctly international staff profile within the School. A number of our staff are from different international backgrounds and international in outlook, allowing students the opportunity to experience a truly global outlook. Engendering a culture of tolerance, respect and appreciation of the contribution of other cultures is central to the smooth functioning of the School. Committed to improving the representation and success of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic students and staff within Higher Education, in 2014, we appointed a dedicated member of staff (EDI Student Success Officer) responsible for student attainment.