As the Academic Administration and Student Support Manager in EDA I manage the Professional Administration Centre. This includes:
- Line management of the Academic Administration Team - I am responsible for co-ordinating the activities of the clerical staff, training them on school procedures and organising staff cover.
- Maintaining of Student Records (SDS and Cressida)
- Organisation of all student administration, registration and examinations
- Liaison with external sources such as, External Examiners, SLC, Embassies, with regard to student status/finance/registration/examinations.
- Liaison with other academic departments where there are joint courses, eg, mark amendments, student concession.
- Responsible for the administration of the postgraduate Research and Taught programmes
I act as Secretary to the following School Committees:
- Learning & Teaching
- Graduate Studies
- EDASS (Undergraduate School/Staff Committee)
- PG-EDASS (Postgraduate School/Staff Committee)
- EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity)
In addition, I am the School's Student Support Officer, providing students with advice and guidance in both personal (welfare) and academic issues. Students know that my door is always open to them. I am also the School's Senior Safeguarding Officer for young adults.
I have worked for EDA since 2000 having worked in various other Schools within the University prior to that. I also studied for my BA here at Kent, so I am aware of students needs in general.
University of Kent