Professor Wang is currently Head of the School of Engineering and Digital Arts at the University of Kent, United Kingdom. He has published over 200 papers in international journals and conferences in the areas of wireless mobile communications. He has written/edited three books.
Professor Wang is a Fellow of IEEE and a Fellow of IET. He was IEEE Distinguished Lecturer (1/2013-12/2014) and a recipient of the Best Paper Award from the IEEE Globecom2012. He is the Technical Program Chair of IEEE ICC2019 in Shanghai. He was the Executive Chair of IEEE ICC2015 in London and the Technical Program Chair of IEEE WCNC2013. He served as an Editor or Guest Editor for IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Communications Magazine, and IEEE Wireless Communications.
University of Kent
Wireless mobile communications, device to device communications (D2D), massive MIMO and beamforming technologies, cloud radio access networks (C-RAN) and distributed antenna systems (DAS), and nonorthogonal multiple access (NOMA).
- Fibre Optic Networks for Distributed and Extendible Heterogeneous Radio Architectures and Service Provision (FUTON): General
- User-centric Wireless Local Loop (ULOOP)
- Low-cost coherent radio over fibre for dense access networks
- Ethernet fibre transport in cloud-radio access networks
- Functional virtualisation in fibre-distributed radio access networks
- Device to device communications in cellular networks
- Non-orthogonal multiple access technique
- Distributed antenna systems
- Visible light communications
EL677 Digital Communications
EL827 Advanced Communications Theory
EL872 Wireless Mobile Communications