Mike Green is an Associate Lecturer and teaches on the BA Digital Arts and BSc Multimedia Technology and Design courses. He completed his PhD in the area of Digital Arts in 2016, specifically investigating the use of video-mediated communication amongst the lesbian and gay community. He is academic coordinator for the Digital Media Hub and co-manages the School’s sessional demonstrators. In addition, he is an academic advisor. He has industrial experience, having worked as a freelance graphic and web designer for over 10 years. Mike is an Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Communication using Photoshop, and is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
University of Kent
Mike’s research interests are inter-disciplinary in nature, grounded in the field of human-computer interaction, and covers aspects of wearable computing, online disclosure and identity, and web technology. To date, his research has focused primarily on the use of video-mediated communication amongst the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
- EL339 Digital Photography
- EL342 Moving Image (Module Convenor)
- EL536 Digital Photography (Module Convenor)
- EL537 Digital Portfolio
- EL541 Digital Photography & Image Editing (Module Convenor)
- EL543 Digital Filmmaking (Module Convenor)
- EL636 Final Year Project (Project Organiser/Module Convenor)
- EL642 Project Design