Gareth Howells has been involved in research relating to security, biometrics and pattern classification techniques for over twenty five years and he has been awarded, either individually or jointly, several major research grants relating to the pattern classification and security fields, publishing over 180 papers in the technical literature. Recent work has been directed towards the development of secure device authentication systems with a focus on Internet of Things (IoT) which has received significant funding from the a variety of sources. .
University of Kent
- Template-Free Biometric Encryption for Data Integrity Assurance
- Nomad Biometric Authentication
- Autonomous and Intelligent Healthcare System (SYSIASS)
- INCASE: towards Industry 4.0 via Networked Control Applications and Sustainable Engineering
- A Synergetic Adaptive Non-intrusive-navigation Assistance System for empowering the disabled, elderly and infirm powered wheelchair user (SANAS)
- Empowerment of Disabled people through the User Coproduction of Assistive Technology (EDUCAT)